Wednesday 4 May 2016

It's All Blues and Twos!

I am not working until tonight so I have all day to play with the monster. We have mostly been out in the garden- HC loves being outside more than anything. But we have also been playing with his building blocks- which are actually my old blocks from when I was his age! I am trying to persuade HC to engage with colours and counting at the moment, so we were sorting the bricks in to piles of the same colour- which are all "Blue" according to HC- he is able to sort them into the right piles but will not say any colours except blue! We also build towers and count how many bricks are in the tower, the only number HC will say is two, although he did say "One two three GO!" when he forgot I was listening the other day...

HC's speech is generally pretty good he is just very stubborn- in many aspects of life but especially with requests to say specific things- here is an example of such a conversation:

"Casper, can you say three?"
"Bob Dylan"
"Bob Dylan??? Can you say three?"
"Mummy, where's the dog?"

But with enough repetition from The Man and I things do eventually seep into his vocabulary- "thank you" being a prime example, after weeks of pointed hints he suddenly shouts "FANK OOO MUMMY" at an appropriate time- so proud!




Monty took the opportunity to sunbathe by the potty...of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment