Monday 26 March 2018

2018 Health Mission - Week 2

This week has definitely been a week of two halves - weekdays when I have been really good and made positive, healthy choices, and then the weekend when I completely self sabotaged and went back to my previous poor habits. It has highlighted to me some of my triggers around emotional eating , like when I ate nearly a whole packet of chocolate chips out of my baking cupboard after a fairly minor argument with The Man... and to take some positives from the negatives it has helped me to focus on the areas I need to put the most effort in to changing. I am going to swap my weigh and measure day to Friday as I think a good result may motivate me to remain positive through the weekend. 

Things That Went Well
  • During the week I limited my snacks to only one a day at around 3pm.
  • I also managed to stop eating by 8pm every weekday night.
  • I read a lot of information on the Action On Sugar website which has motivated me to reduce my own, and my children's sugar intake.
Things To Improve On
  • I still weighed myself nearly everyday, and most nights too.
  • All my good work went out the window at the weekend.
  • I only need a small emotional upset for me to start snacking. 
Weight Lost : 
Week: 2lb
Total: 2lb

Goals For This Week
  • Only weigh myself on Friday morning.
  • Read about emotional eating and techniques to combat it.
  • Aim to get out for a walk everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment